Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Very productive day!

Today was another free day for me! I am loving it. Yesterday I was bored. I worked on my cover for my scrapbook, but was having problems completing it, so I posted it on Splitcoast and got a reply that helped a lot. Thanks Jzig! I also baked 2 batches of cookies = 50+ cookies, that I took to my husbands shop. Those boys dug in and they were gone when I left 5 minutes later! Guess they were good.

  1. So today I seemed to have so much time. I started the day with a bowl of cereal and got to crafting. I checked splitcoast and read my reply. I then got to work on it. I added a few things. I think its done. What do you think?
BEFORE:I used the brown and yellow paper from paper sets I got at Walmart. The circles are of the same yellow paper as it the backing of the bracket. The letters are stickers from Basic Grey and another paper set. The bracket was created with VersaMark ink and a stamp from a company whose name I cannot remember (because I threw away the packaging) and covered with embossing powder in mustard from American crafts Zing!. All of which is set upon a manila folder.

AFTER:I added the ribbon first. The color seemed to bring out the blue in the paper by DCWV. I then added the flowers. I used a red to add a pop of color to what seemed to be becoming a very brown & green cover. I used a brown square brad from The Paper Studio. And lastly I added the names of the grand-kids and two red flower brads from The Paper Studio to coordinate with the flower.

2. I also worked on the back of the book. Took a lot of time, but was fun to create.

The stamp is from Stampin' Up! in SU! chocolate chip ink. The flowers are from a set from SU! called Greenhouse garden and the leaves are from the same unknown set as before (Ugh, really annoying that I use it all the time and cannot reference it!). They are stamped on manila folder with VersaMark and covered in embossing powder from American Crafts Zing! in Denim, Apricot, Powder, Blush, and Cricket.

3. I also started a card which took two tries to get it here:

I messed up the stamp. Its a little crooked. Stamp from SU! On your Birthday set. Ink is basic black. I used a white gel pen to add shadow letters to try to offset the crooked stamp. White pen also used to add dots on edge. The stamps are once again from my unknown set. Stamped with VersaMark and covered with Zing! in Charcoal. Paper and buttons bought a while back. Buttons would be from Hobby Lobby in a large mixed pack and red paper is printer paper from Walmart. All based on premade card from Best Occasions from Walmart.

4. When I quit the first attempt at the card I went and watched a movie with time to spare! Its amazing how much time is in the day when your husband is working 12 hour shifts. Now I need to go cook dinner and get ready for cuddle time!

PS. I think I now have the hang of embossing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment