Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Power of apology

The power of apology is amazing. I said something really hurtful about a person that means a lot to me. I regretted it as soon as it came out, but its what I was thinking. So as soon as I tried to retract it, I also apologized. It was too late she knew I had said it. I spent three days in agony of my stupidity. Finally she responded! I cannot believe my luck that she would still want to be my friend. The power of an apology is amazing.

My lesson: not all thoughts are meant to be broadcast. We do not always agree with the decisions of those we love, but if they are the ones we love we forgive and try to forget. I forgive her. I do not understand the decision or the strength I have to forgive, but I love this girl. I believe I need to stand by her as her best friend through this tough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment